Like us on Facebook @ Baker Summer Academy
(updated regularly during summer programming)
Summer Academy 2021
July 6 - August 5
8 am-12:30 pm
Student arrival begins at 7:55 am
Director: Angela Lattin
**please note, times are not listed for BUS #20 drop-off, but the bus will go to all locations
Students who just finished K-3 @ Brooklyn Primary School**
Students who just finished 4-6 @ South Baker Intermediate School
- 6th graders will transition to Jump Start at BMS in August
Postcards from teachers were mailed on June 29th
Brooklyn Primary Site: (541)524-2450
South Baker Intermediate Site: (541)524-2350
Handbook (English version): UPDATED HANDBOOK COMING SOON
(en español): UPDATED HANDBOOK COMING SOON
See file below
COVID-19 Guidelines (info about masks)
See the full BSD5J Press Release at the bottom of this page.
- The following continue without change
- Contact tracing
- Daily health screens for students (and self-screening for staff)
- Frequent hand washing
- 3’ physical distancing
- Anyone (staff or student) who is ill should stay home
- Quarantine guidelines
- Regarding face coverings
- Face coverings are required indoors when cohorts may mix. Examples include but are not limited to
- Shared restrooms
- Buses or district transportation
- Face coverings are required for unvaccinated staff/community partners entering a cohort other than their own
- Face coverings are not required outdoors
- Face coverings are not required when in your own cohort
- Face coverings are not required when students are not present
- When students are required to wear a face covering, staff/community partners, vaccinated or not, will wear a face covering as a model.
- Anyone (staff or student) may choose to wear a face covering without question.
- See below
- Sent home the first day of Summer Academy
- Due on July 8th
All students receive breakfast and a take-home lunch at no cost.
Family Engagement Events
Our team is currently planning both onsite and offsite experiences.
Information will come home the first week of Summer Academy.
Available at the end of programming